Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Search Term Optimism

Some of you may think that blogging is simply a means for me to have a bit of a rant about a topic of my choosing. FREE MONEY.

You are absolutely right. You deserve to LIVE FOREVER.

However, for some bloggers out there, this is serious business and anyone in the know will know that you must write with SEO in mind (that's Search Engine Optimisation for all you neanderthals out there).  In other words, if you put some really speccy, searchable words upfront in your blog, like SEX, it's more likely to be at the top of the list when your potential readers hit 'search' in our friend Google (or whatever).

WIN A MILLION DOLLARS.

So, now I have been blogging for a little while I was wondering what sort of search terms people were using to wind up at my blog, by mistake that is. CAT MARRIES DOG.

Here are some of the terms people were using when they happened upon my WORLD'S BEST BLOG:

'Strap some on' I imagine there would have been some very disappointed readers out there when they happened upon my post about tradies.  After all, it doesn't take too much imagination to figure out what they were probably looking for...

'Pulme' This was one of those security check words websites get you to type in to prove you are not a computer.  There is no such word (I just checked) so I wonder what on earth readers were looking for when they typed that one into their engine...

'Where do the lost toys go?' This makes me sad, that there are people, possibly children, out there who are actively looking for an answer to this question.  I pondered it one day when I accidentally lost one of the Curly Mops toys.  I still wonder about the world of lost toys.  I hope you found your toys kids.

'The Windows to the' Not windows to the soul, or windows to the heart, just windows to the... What were they looking for?  Did they find it?  I installed a search tool on my blog (now located at the very bottom of the page) to try and figure out where they ended up, and I can't find it?  

How you you happen upon this blog?  Did you get what you were looking for?  What is THE MEANING OF LIFE? I hope to see you again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha very clever! I hope I get some FREE MONEY too!!! Seeing what people search for and actually still land on your blog from can be very scary. And I know there are a lot of people very upset that there are no "hairy ballerinas" on my Not A Ballerina blog. (C'mon - who wants to search for hairy ballerinas?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol!!!!
    a lot of people landing on my blog have been searching for either John Butler, The Wiggles ( i wrote a combined post on them) or something to do with Mr. Happy ( I wrote about the Mr. Men books) but yeah there have been some pretty weird ones! good luck with that FREE MONEY!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...