Monday, January 26, 2015

A Story in Two Parts: Part Two The Sweet

“I’m Clarissa the Rock fairy,” the Mop announced.

“The what fairy?” I asked.

“The Rock Fairy,” she said. “I like to rock!” I could see her eyes rolling at my ignorance as she strummed her air guitar.

“Ohhh, a Rock and Roll Fairy,” I nodded.

“That’s my talent,” she said proudly.

“What do you play?” I asked.

“The giddar,” she replied.

“And do you sing?” I wanted to know.

“Of course,” she sighed dramatically.

“That’s awesome. Now go to bed so you can get up tomorrow and rock some more.” I was so tired my eyes were sticking together and I couldn’t walk straight. School holidays were doing me in.


The Mop flounced off in the direction of her bedroom.

Walking in to her room a few minutes later I saw her sitting on her bed holding a toy bilby. I collapsed on the rug.

“Maybe I should be a aminal fairy,” she said stroking the toy. “I like aminals. Maybe I can be both.”

She looked at me lying prone on the floor. It felt like the day would never end.

“What’s your talent?” she asked.

“I’m the Sleep Fairy,” I muttered, my face buried in the rug.

“You mean a Moon Fairy?” she asked. “You bring the moon out to make people sleep?”

I sat up and looked at her, now feeding her little toy with a plastic milk bottle. She looked up at me and smiled.

A Moon Fairy. What a beautiful concept, I thought. Suddenly the day didn’t seem so long anymore. I wish I could capture this.


[And I just did]

1 comment:

  1. Moon Fairy is beautiful! A writer would be called creative if they came up with that, and kids do it so naturally—how and why do we lose it by the time we're adults?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...